Tuesday, May 13, 2008

mother's day 2008




this year, our mother's day celebrations were a little off, since my parents had decided to travel down to waco to visit their parents during the afternoon. we started the day off by all going to church (yes, all 13 of us) before my parents headed to waco, jared headed to work, matt and i headed home for a nap (i always work saturday nights, so matt does too), sarah and ray headed to the proctors to celebrate with ray's mom, and shari and her 3 kiddos headed out of town for a trip. little did my mom know, though, that we weren't giving up on her mother's day that easy! despite the fact that my mom insisted she didn't need or want anything besides our presence at church, we knew she deserved better (way better!). so i collaborated with my 2 remaining in-town siblings to plan a surprise meal with presents and (of course) a bouquet of roses for my mom when she returned home in the evening. while things didn't go *quite* as planned (see the last couple pics, especially) mom seemed to have a great time and really enjoyed the surprise!
enjoy the pictures, and happy mother's day to all the moms out there!
mother's day 2008

No comments: