Friday, May 13, 2011

mother's day


all the mothers (and grandmothers)!

i remember thinking when i found out we were pregnant that our little baby would arrive just in time for me to be able to celebrate my first mother's day in 2011; and now it's come and gone so quickly! first, let me start by saying that i had a fabulous day, despite having to work all night the night before. after midnight, nearly all of my coworkers (at separate times) wished me a "happy 1st mother's day!" and might have been even more excited about it than i was! when i got home, matt was already awake and had fed noah for me so i got to play with a super happy baby. this was probably the best mother's day gift ever, because noah smiled more than he ever had up to that point. and i *love* baby grins! after noah went down for his nap, i found an envelope and followed a trail of clues for a scavenger hunt to get my mother's day gifts. my amazing husband put a lot of effort into my first mommy's day and along the trail i got the proposal and tangled on dvd. at the end of my hunt was an adorable home-made apron with sweet little noah's feet stamped across it -- awesome!


after our own little home celebration we headed to sarah's house for a mother's day brunch where i got to spend time with my own mom (and, obviously, the rest of the family). we had a wonderfully tasty spread (thanks for coordinating it, sarah!) and enjoyed spending the day together.

tasty mother's day food:

we rounded out the night at mom & dad's house by watching tangled, which neither of my parents had seen. it was a wonderful day and i can appreciate it now more than ever! happy mother's day to all the moms out there! and thanks to my husband and my sweet little noah for giving me my own reason to celebrate :)

noah -- show stealer!

the grandmas work on a puzzle :)

jared's attempt at chocolate milk...it's a long story...

grandma sharon lovin' on noah

our little family + our niece maddie (who *had* to be in the pic)

the guys

awww...

mom opens her presents

and, of course... dog pile!!!


No comments: