Wednesday, May 16, 2012

mother's day 2012

thanks to jared's graduation, which fell on the saturday before, i was able to be off work before mother's day.  now, usually this would mean that i was well-rested since i didn't have to work for 12 hours before taking a quick nap and then trying to enjoy the festivities.  unfortunately, i was battling a nasty sinus infection so instead of *really* enjoying my mother's day, i had to make due without being able to smell or taste any of the yummy food.
we celebrated at sarah's house with a brunch of all sorts of tasty treats.  it was a casual day and i actually got the chance to sit and talk with my parents and siblings, which doesn't always happen at our get-togethers.  noah was a trooper and laid down for a nap while we were there (which he isn't always so good about), and matt kept up with noah so i could enjoy my time with my family without running off mid-sentence to see what he might be getting into.  nice!  i also received some beautiful flowers from my husband with a sweet card that he had signed from him, noah, and the baby :)
in the afternoon i eventually succumbed to my allergies/sinus infection and took a nap on the couch while everyone else went outside.  it was actually a nice mother's day treat, despite not being able to breathe well.  all-in-all it was a wonderful mother's day.  i did make a point of stating that i would not be keeping the current trend: 1 baby for mother's day last year, 2 babies this year.....

the food!

the grandkids play with papa john

my mother!

the guys

one of my reasons to celebrate!

enjoying some family time


all the mothers

now, show me "sexy!"

my sisters and mom opening their mother's day gift from me


maddie "hiding" from us

enjoying time outside with bubbles

hope you enjoyed mother's day with your family, too!

No comments: