Tuesday, March 25, 2014

29 weeks


trucking right along!  these days i feel "very pregnant" but have recently started receiving comments at work about how i "look so tiny!" for how far along i am.  this is good for my self-esteem and i'm always very thankful to hear that.  most people also usually ask if this is my first pregnancy, although i'm not sure why or how you determine how many times someone has been pregnant just by looking at them?  i did have a guy ask me, after i answered that this was actually my third child, "all by the same guy?!"  uh. yes. "oh, are you married then?" uh. yes again.  very weird....
we have still made very little progress in the names department.  we've considered a whole host of names, none of which seem "just right" for this sweet boy.  hopefully we will be able to decide soon, simply because i'd love to be able to call this baby by name.
baby measures about 15 inches long, weighing in at around 2.5 lbs!


maternity quiz
maternity clothes: still wearing my regular jeans, but probably about to make the switch over to maternity jeans.  yoga pants are still comfy :)
sleep: finally getting over my sinus infection, which resulted in me losing my voice completely for a while and then just battling congestion/snot/bloody noses.  i know, eww.  at least now i can sleep a little better.
best moment this week: repeated my glucose test, that is, i took the 3 hr one.  my schedule delayed both the test and the results.  but thankfully i was able to do my own finger-stick tests at home and then found out on monday that i most definitely do NOT have gestational diabetes!  yippeee! 
cravings: donuts!  the cravings got so bad at work that we actually implemented a "donut tuesday" for my tuesday night shift.  we get fresh donuts at the end of the shift (on wednesday morning, actually) around 5am.  my coworkers seem to have no problem with this.  also, it's good i didn't have diabetes.
what i miss: stomach sleeping.  i can get away with it for a short amount of time, but i've had to accept that i'm pretty much fully onto side and back sleeping for now.  oh well.
what i'm looking forward to: i'm getting excited about holding this new baby boy in my arms.  it's still about 2 months away, but the thought of getting to snuggle a newborn is really exciting :)
weekly wisdom: it's my third child.  i'm much less scared about "how will we..." "what about when..." and those kinds of questions.  i'm really enjoying the thought of having a newborn again...even though i also know how much work that can be.
milestones: passing the glucose test! yes!!! 

No comments: