Saturday, October 20, 2007

weekend life

this weekend has been very busy so far! friday night i got a call from my sister sarah and her husband ray saying that sarah was having fairly frequent contractions, but they weren't regular yet. i kept my phone next to me and stayed up a good part of the night thinking we'd get to meet our newest family member before my shift on saturday, but unfortunately it didn't happen. i'm sure we'll be meeting our newest family member sometime this weekend, though. it was okay the birth didn't happen, since saturday morning i had a wedding shower hosted by my church congregation. the food was great and we got a lot of really nice things that i know we will enjoy! the pictures i included from the shower are of me and both my sisters, and of me with my mother and sisters. the other pictures are of what goes on in an ER when there are no patients. that's right...no patients! on tuesday night when i worked we actually cleared out the ER for just a couple hours. in one picture i am with my friend, heather, next to the medication area. in the other, well, that's a bunch of us on a powered scooter-device used for pushing hospital beds. it's a great ride ;) ER nurses have to have a sense of humor, right?


No comments: