Saturday, September 13, 2008

RN, BSN, CEN


my cake - white cake with chocolate pudding filling!


me and my yumminess


sherri and scott serve up my slice


me and a "CEN" piece (only a night nurse would be this excited about cake at 7am!)

for those who don't already know, on thursday, august 21st i sat for my Certified Emergency Nurse exam (a big deal in my field) and tested for 2 hours to determine how much i really know about emergency nursing. the results printed as soon as i hit "submit" and i was thrilled to find out that i had achieved certification -- i passed. what does that mean? i have joined a fairly elite few at my hospital, only 5 other nurses currently employed there (out of over 100 ER nurses) have their CEN, and three of those people hold administrative positions. matt would be upset if i didn't brag slightly, so i will also say that it is not common for people to test for their certification until they have been a registered nurse for at least two years, in august i had been a nurse for 14 months. i appreciate everyone's prayers and support, especially as i got more stressed and had to study for the test.
the pictures i included are of the "mini party" that work held for me in the weeks after i announced my new certification. yes, that is an entire sheet cake. and, yes, it was delicious!

thanks to all,
Jessica King, RN, BSN, CEN

ps - in the weeks before i took my exam, i found out that they have just released a "beta" CPEN exam (Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse), so i will be taking that, husband permitting, next year....*sigh*

1 comment:

sarah said...

congrats! the rest of us had no doubt you would pass...but i'm glad that official paper printed out at the end of it to confirm it. matt and you will have to get some large stationery to hold all of those letters at the end of your names. :)