Tuesday, September 30, 2008

work update

pics from work: me with carrie


my friends heather, alacia and gemma

(matt would like me to let everyone know that) i have recently been selected by my supervisors to be "promoted" to charge nurse. this means that on some shifts, i am responsible for overseeing the flow of the department, making the assignments for the other nurses, resolving conflicts and making sure everything runs as smoothly as possible for the 12 hours i'm there. for those who aren't familiar with nursing, this doesn't mean i won't still work with patients, i simply rotate days as the "charge" nurse with my days as a "staff" nurse where i take an assignment of 3-5 patients (depending on my location in the ER). it's nice to be recognized by my supervisors, but it's also a lot more responsiblity....we'll see how it goes! :)

No comments: