Wednesday, July 29, 2009

getting older all the time

i figured it was time to get my eyes checked...i hadn't had them checked since middle school or so. i've never needed to, since my vision has always been 20/15. but, i set up an eye appointment with matt's eye doctor and told them the only trouble i was having was with my distance vision when i was driving. it just didn't seem like things were always as clear as they had been. my fears were confirmed when the doctor said that yes, glasses would help my vision. fortunately, it's only because my vision has gone from 20/15 to 20/20. i guess to most people this wouldn't be such an issue, but those things far away seem so blurry now without glasses! matt helped me pic out some cute frames that even had the fancy clip-on sunglass lenses for driving. my glasses arrived on monday (the 27th) and i picked them up before work. so far, the response has been positive and most people think i've had them all along. apparently, i look "natural" in them. i tried a few times to get a good pic of me in them, but i guess i'm just not used to seeing them on me yet, because i think all the pics of me in glasses look very silly. here's the best i've got so far...

No comments: