Saturday, November 27, 2010

thankful to be 23 weeks along!

happy thanksgiving!


no hiding it now!

this week we got to celebrate both the holiday and the joy of being 23 weeks into our pregnancy! i am happy to report that everything still seems to be going well. we have our next appointment next week, so we'll be able to report a little more about our son on the next post.
unfortunately, i had to work thanksgiving night this year (a disadvantage to being the new kid at the job!) but we still made a quick appearance at my cousin's house to see the extended family and enjoy some traditional holiday foods. i can definitely say that i enjoyed thanksgiving this year more than any other year....no excuses as to why i went back for seconds and maternity pants are *always* comfy! even though we hadn't really "planned" this pregnancy, i think that being preggers during the holiday season is something we might aim for again :)
i only have a few pictures from turkey day (i was only there for about 1.5 hours) and some new belly pics.
hope you had a great turkey day, too!


the majority of the family, watching the cowboys game

the ladies in the kitchen

our little family is growing!

I found a "weekly maternity quiz" online that seems like a fun way to help keep track of the changes every week....hope you enjoy!

How far along? 23 weeks

Weight gain/loss: ~ 8 lbs. total (although I’m not sure how much of that has to do with Thanksgiving….)

Maternity clothes? Yes! And oh, so comfy!

Stretch marks? Notta one

Sleep? Pretty much whenever I can! This week was a little busy, so probably not as much as I should have…

Best moment this week? Getting to enjoy as much Thanksgiving food as I wanted…without getting funny looks!

Food cravings: Nothing specific. I’ve finally moved past the cocoa puffs phase, though!

Gender: little boy!

Belly button in or out? In for now

What I miss? Ziegen Bock beer

What I'm looking forward to: our appointment next week

Weekly wisdom: Today I am pregnant, and I love my baby and my body!

Milestones: Shari (my eldest sister) got to feel the baby move!

1 comment:

Dallas to DC said...

You look so cute, I miss being around! I'm glad you've found such good use for your maternity pants, I'm not preggers but I could have used some of those for Thanksgiving!