Friday, June 8, 2012

29 weeks


29 weeks!  another week of pregnancy has come and gone and along with it another check-up.  everything with my measurements and the baby look great, and i got to do my nasty glucose tolerance test this week, which is probably one of my least favorite parts of the whole pregnancy.  yes, really.  i honestly think i would rather be in labor...
anyway, i found out a few days afterward that i did not pass this time around, which was *very* disheartening to hear.  i was sad, and then scared, mostly because my medical knowledge doesn't allow me any ignorance on topics like this.  at their request, i scheduled an appointment for the following monday to sit for the 3 hour glucose tolerance test -- ick! they did say that i "just barely failed" the first time around, so i am desperately hoping and praying that i have no problems passing the 3 hour test.
in actual baby news, our little one should now be around 2.5 lbs and measuring around 15 inches long.  she is *very* active, which is increasingly more apparent as she loses room in my abdominal cavity and kicks my lungs out of the way ;)



maternity quiz
total weight gain: ~10 lbs
maternity clothes: no changes
sleep: mostly side sleeping, and i can't even pretend to get away with stomach sleeping!
best moment this week: just enjoying my pregnancy!
cravings: nothing in particular
what i miss: sleeping on my stomach
what i'm looking forward to: being done with this glucose tolerance test stuff and getting back results that say i'm *not* diabetic so i can enjoy my pregnancy without any fear!
weekly wisdom: already in the 3rd trimester, it will be over soon so enjoy it now!
milestones: well, i got my first glucose test out of the way...too bad i'm not done with that yet!

No comments: