Wednesday, May 28, 2014

may days





As always we continue to keep pace around here -- running after Noah and Sam and keeping up with all the OB appointments for our soon-to-be here (see my last OB post!) littlest King.  While we are waiting for him to make his grand debut, and to see if he ends up having a May or a June birthday, here are some other things we've been up to this month.
Nesting has been kicking into effect here, mostly in the shape of attempting to upgrade our yard/landscaping.  Since I don't need to be worrying about getting high chairs/crib/car seats/etc. assembled and installed my nesting has taken on the form of improving other things around the house.  We've spent a good portion of this month taming our flowerbeds, pulling weeds, spreading bark mulch, removing dead shrubs, and planting new flora.  My back porch has benefited significantly and I am enjoying it immensely




And even though it's been pretty warm already, the kids have been enjoying some time outside.  The sandbox tends to get messy, but the other day Noah actually tumbled into the pool while Aunt Shari was here.  They were playing with the water and I guess Noah lost his balance.   Fortunately, everyone was okay other than some serious sad faces about being all wet.  We talked the next several days about pool safety -- I think he's gotten the message ;)




Besides that especially eventful day, we've had lots of average around here.  Mostly we spend time talking about getting ready for our baby boy and filling our days with toddler playtime.  I enjoyed it a lot the other day when Noah and Sam got out the baby dolls and were "practicing" for when their new sibling arrives. Sam insisted on using the pacifier for hers, and they both wanted to put them to bed on the white chairs downstairs.  I was told repeatedly, "Shhh...baby's sleeping!"  It's been a bit, but I'm pretty sure most people *wish* their new babies slept that much!



This picture doesn't show it very well, but there is gel in his hair, he woke up this morning and said, "my hair is a MESS. I need some jam in it."
 Sam sat down next to me to "read" to me the other day :)

Mother's day was celebrated this year with some of my favorite things: church, a nap, and movie/snuggle time with my family! Matt did a great job of surprising me with a note and some new earrings!

 Sam *really* likes my necklace, and honestly, I think it might be cuter on her -- does it start this early?! I'm already having to let her borrow my stuff! ;)

my sweet rose and mother's day note and gift
Mother's day selfie with my sweet girl (plus baby bump)

Some morning reading time with daddy, they don't realize what prime real estate his lap is, since soon they will have to make room for another sibling!

We were also able to enjoy spending time with my family for (Uncle) Jared's birthday.  He turned 24 on the 17th, and we celebrated with lots of food, fun, and even a nap for the birthday boy.  It's his party, he can sleep if he wants to, right? 







We've been doing *lots* of walking this month.  Since the weather has been nice and the kids enjoy riding in our double stroller (such an awesome Christmas gift!), and I'm doing what I can to make sure little boy King stays head down and ready for whatever day his birthday will be...we walk. Full disclosure: I'm also a bit ready to meet this kid and not have to go back to work ;)  I'm sure the people seeing us in the neighborhood get worried I might deliver on their front lawns, but I know we aren't that close to delivery yet, and at least if it did happen, we'd have a great story to tell!

My laundry helpers....hopefully they are always this excited about helping with laundry.
 A picture of my sweet, sick boy.  He got croup and sounded like the most pathetic little seal.
... And after he was better three days later, this was the smile I got


No comments: