Thursday, October 29, 2009

adios, medical city!

my last clock-out at MCD


my badge...finally with a decent pic!

my last 36 hours at medical city dallas were sad, but about as fun as they could be as i watched the clock tick down on my time as an employee there. i worked saturday, monday and tuesday nights before matt flew in to dallas on wednesday to help me finish the packing and start moving our stuff. i was able to see my work friends, enjoy several inside jokes and reminisce about all the ups and downs over the last 28 months of my employment there. tuesday night we had a mini-party in the ER with *tons* of really, really tasty food. everyone was so wonderful and supportive and said so many nice things to me about my work at medical city. it was so sweet, but it made it harder than ever before to think about having to leave behind this awesome group of coworkers.
tuesday night i met ryan & carrie for dinner at the corner bakery before heading to work to make assignments for the last time. on wednesday morning, i said goodbye to my night shift friends and to the day shift that knew me first. i clocked out for the last time at 0717 and cleaned out my locker (and gave it to robin...it was a nice locker!). then, a small group of us night-shifters headed to our favorite bar, o'reiley's, for a last round of after-shift drinks. it was, most definitely, the best last shift and goodbye i could have hoped for. thanks, guys!

my favorite sign posted in the dept. after i announced my 2 weeks


adios, medical city!

No comments: