Monday, January 31, 2011

32 weeks


trucking right along and already at 32 weeks! nothing specific to report about our little man this week, but as you'll see below in my weekly maternity quiz i've been fighting not just regular pregnancy congestion (as i originally thought) but what was apparently a full-blown sinus infection. the symptoms started way back during week 30 and i dismissed them as plain-ol' pregnancy congestion, possibly made worse by the crazy texas weather. but after suffering several nights of sleeping for only 2 hours at a time for lack of air through my nose, i figured it must be something more. add to that the fact that my symptoms didn't improve but actually continued to worsen and this non-medication diva was practically crying for some antibiotics. fortunately, after two days on amoxicillin (which, yes, is safe for mom & baby), my symptoms had already reduced themselves to a manageable amount. by day 4, i was actually able to breathe through my nose and could smell things again! a special thanks to alexander fleming for discovering penicillin(s) for us and making my life better in the 21st century.

no additional pics, but here's the quiz:

How far along? 32 weeks

Weight gain/loss: ~19 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yes!

Stretch marks? None so far

Sleep? A horrible sinus infection = no breathing through my nose! Pregnancy didn’t keep me from sleeping, but congestion did :(

Best moment this week? knowing that pregnancy is a piece of cake compared to sinus infections

Food cravings: I just wish I could taste my food this week!

Gender: little boy!

Belly button in or out? In for now

What I miss? This week: being able to enjoy being pregnant and not sick

What I'm looking forward to: maternity leave is starting to sound pretty nice

Weekly wisdom: I love being pregnant, I hate being sick. And I really dislike that sometimes people consider them in the same category.

Milestones: we’re at the end of month 7 already!

No comments: