Sunday, April 27, 2014

april happenings

It's been a pretty standard month, and we are continuing to make preparations for our sweet baby boy and scheduling our lives around OB appointments, full-time jobs, and two very active kiddos.  Sam did have a little fever at the beginning of the month that made us adopt a slower pace for a couple days, but other than that everyone is healthy and happy.  We spent this month playing outside more, celebrating Uncle Ray and Aunt Sarah's birthdays, celebrating Easter, and spending time on Wednesdays with the Childers kiddos.  I can't remember if I've mentioned already that for this whole spring semester my sister's kids have been spending Wednesdays with us for their homeschooling.  It makes for very long days because I work every Monday and Tuesday night, then spend the whole day awake with 5 kids.  However, it's actually easier to be awake with more kids around than with just my two.  Plus, it means I get to have dinner with my sister and her family in the middle of every week, which has been a pretty awesome bonus. All that being said, between the pregnancy and our crazy schedule, I'm really looking forward to getting more rest on my maternity leave!

Since I've already included some of the cute things the kids said/did this month in my maternity posts, I only have a few funny things from this month from my facebook mommy journaling:

4/28/14
Yesterday, my husband was wearing this shirt that my brother brought back from Hawaii. Noah noticed it and asked Matt what the guy's name was. "I don't know, what do you think his name is?"
Noah thought for a minute before giving his response. I expected him to give a name of a friend or family member. .. nope.
He replied, "Nipples."

I lost it!




4/19/14
Me: Noah, please finish putting your cars away. You forgot one over there.
Noah: mom, this isn't a car. .. It's a CAMARO.

4/17/14
Noah isms in the last 24 hours:
1) He brought me a toy and said, "The question is, how do we get all this stuff to fit in here?"
2) Matt was asking me how to cook something and asked, "what do you cook it on?" Noah responded for me, "Mommy cooks it on Fridays! "
3) Sammy got upset and Noah slapped his hands over his eyes and said, "I just can't watch her cry!"
Love that kid, but where does he get this stuff?






 Here are a few more pictures from this month:

getting good and dirty in the sandbox -- you can't even see all the sand in her hair!

running a fever :(

and fever snuggles with mommy

playtime during homeschool hours


a picture of the rare blood moon -- I got to see it at work on April 15th!


Sam let me braid her hair for the first time :) 


Noah thought he should try on Sam's little hat


I can't tell if this means she's enjoying her new bed or not...

 Celebrating April birthdays:


the birthday guy & girl with their kiddos and desserts

Sam enjoying some cake from the party....

....maybe a little too much!


enjoying some time outside


the reason our computer is now locked....


in preparation for baby: we moved Noah into a big kid booster seat (so Sam can use Noah's car seat and the baby can use Sam's infant carrier seat).
Noah trying out the new seat :)



No comments: